Friday, August 9, 2013

Back to School!!!


ZZZOOOOMMM!!! 

I can't believe how fast the summer is going by!! Honestly, I'm glad it's almost over. For me, summer isn't my favorite time of year (gasp!) No, I am not a summer fan....I don't like being hot (migraine sufferer) so when school starts around here, I know the weather is about to cool off and we're headed into my absolute favorite time of year....AUTUMN!! I love seeing the change in the leaves and feeling to crisp, cool air. I love my sweatshirts, hoodies, skinny jeans and boots and I would die trying to wear those in the summer here!! (ha! ha!) It also means the return of football!!! Yeah!!! Go Chargers!! (alright I'll calm down....)

Sooooo....now that my kids have been back in school for the last 2 days, I've had to make some changes adds to my Ebony. In my priorities section, under my kids' tab, I added their class schedules, teacher contact info for both, club info, extra activities, volunteering and projects. Whew! All that in just 2 days? They don't play around here and I love it! My kiddos were so excited to get back to school! It just reminded me of how excited I got when I was a kid getting close to back to school. New clothes, new hairdo, new supplies, it was all good!

My kids' excitement was also a little contagious, okay, a lot contagious. They got me thinking about the direction I was going with my own school career and I've decided to make a change! This is my nth attempt at getting a Bachelor's degree and I've decided to take that on with everything going on in my life is just too difficult for me. I still want one, but I've decided to get back into my original career field (clinical data management) and I just need an Associate's degree to get my foot back in the door.....more on that later....

Back to my Ebony....

I also created some daily inserts with my FLYLady routines on them now that I have my house back. Now that the kids are safely in school all day I can get the house back in order, not worry about one of them tearing through, and begin to get ready for the change in season. Changing out summer wardrobes for fall/winter ones....changing our bed linens to cold weather linens... I surprise myself every year with this because I grew up in southern California where it barely rained! I didn't touch snow for the first time until I was 23 and built my 1st snow man at 35! I still don't like blizzards, but I love a white Christmas and I think I'll get one this year!

Anyway...enough of my rambling :)

Have any of you made changes to your setups since school has started or is about to start for your kids?

Stay Fabulous! <3 p="">
photo credit: http://blogmedia.eventbrite.com/wp-content/uploads/Back-to-School-8.31.11.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You are NOT alone!! I despise summer!! LOL I love sunshine, but all the heat and humidity I can do without!! Autumn is also my favorite time of year.. Love the change in the weather, that crispness in the air, the leaves, everything about it. Continue to pursue your Bachelor's degree. Doesn't matter if it's the first or fiftieth time.. never give up. Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete